Fidgi-Flips (standard) - 1 band
Fidgi-Flips (standard) - 1 band
Fidgi-Flips are fun, durable and innovative fiddle toys, perfect for improving focus and attention, helping with stress and anxiety and can help refocus nervous energy we express in behaviours such as nail biting.
Fidgi-Flips are made of unpainted metal. They are currently available in two different sizes:
- Standard Fidgi-Flips measure about 45mm across and weigh 17g (without a lanyard). Each metal ring is 25mm in diameter and these are made of nickel-plated steel. Standard 1 band Fidgi-Flips can be customised by choosing your single rubber band colour and a lanyard of your choice!
- Large Fidgi-Flips measure about 55mm across and weigh 27g (without a lanyard). Each metal ring is 30mm in diameter and are made of nickel-plated steel. Larger Fidgi-Flips are made of recycled motorcycle parts which would otherwise go to landfill. Larger Fidgi-Flips cannot be customised with bands, but you can still choose from over 80 lanuard designs to make it your own.
My fiddle toys can be additionally customised by choosing from one of the 80+ lanyard options. This means you can make the Fidgi-Flip your own unique fiddle toy; use it on a belt loop/bag/keyring and also makes them much easier to locate (and therefore harder to lose!)
This isn't the item I was looking for.....
Larger Fidgi-Flips or standard Fidgi-Flips?
Larger Fidgi-Flips are ideal for bigger hands or the less dexterous and generally require two hands. Larger Fidgi-Flips are heavier than the standard and this extra weight may be comforting for some. They are also even stronger than the smaller Fidgi-Flips.
The smaller Fidgi-Flips are easier to manipulate one-handed than the larger Fidgi-Flips and are more discreet due to their size. I would recommend these for younger children or for those looking for something to easily slip in and out of a pocket.
To look at Large Fidgi-Flips, please click HERE
How can Fidgi-Flips help me?
Research studies have shown fidget toys help people (yes, adults AND children!) to focus, reduce their anxiety and actually promote learning¹. This is particularly true for children and adults with ADHD².
The authors of 'Fidget To Focus: Outwit Your Boredom: Sensory Strategies For Living With ADHD' (Roland Rotz and Sarah D. Wright) believe fidgeting distracts the area of the brain that's become bored so the other areas can focus on other things, such as what we are seeing, hearing, thinking or reading.
"If something we are engaged in is not interesting enough to sustain our focus, the additional sensory-motor input that is mildly stimulating, interesting, or entertaining allows our brains to become fully engaged and allows us to sustain focus on the primary activity in which we are participating."
Fidgi-Flips and TumbleJigs are perfect for this. As they don't require any conscious thought or attention, Fidgi-Flips can help people to concentrate without being too distracting. They can help improve a person's concentration and focus on the task at hand, by allowing the brain to exercise its nervous energy.
The optional lanyard means the extra distractions of getting fiddle toys in and out of pockets or picked up and put down is eliminated. With the lanyard, the Fidgi-Flip can hang loose from a belt-loop and is easily accessed when needed (and dropped when not) with minimal distraction to the individual and others around them.
- Helps concentration
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Improves dexterity
- Can help promote learning
- Mindless - doesn't require conscious thought or attention
- Cold to warm
- Different textures
- Outlet for nervous energy
- Has a decent weight, providing further sensory input
- The lanyard makes the Fidgi-Flips easier to hold and harder to lose!
To learn more about how and why fidget toys can help, please see the following link: http://www.friendshipcircle.org/blog/2011/10/31/fi...